Airtel and Dish TV planning to merge before Jio DTH enters the market

In 2016 Reliance Jio entered the telecom market and with its aggressive pricing and plans became one of the top telecom operator in just 2 years

Airtel & tata DoCoMo , Vodafone& Idea merged after the launch of jio still Reliance Jio hold 23% of market share alone where Vodafone+idea holds 35% & Airtel&Docomo holds 30%

Now even before jio’s arrival in the Digital TV & Broadband market Airtel planning to merge with Dish TV , Bharti Airtel has initiated talks with Dish TV to merge the latter under its Airtel Digital TV service. Reported by ET Telecom

Right now Airtel holds 24% & Dish TV 37% Digital TV market share, when combined together Airtel could rule the market with 61% of market share However, Airtel denied comment on the matter. As a policy, we do not comment on market speculation, said an Airtel spokesperson.

This merger is aiming to fight against Jio which will be launched with aggressive pricing. Jio already acquired stakes in Data Com,DEN Networks and Hathway cable tv

Jio is expected to club its DTH service with the GigaFiber broadband service along with access to Jio’s own Apps.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.